Hotel Development Group
- Assess Land Suitability for a hotel.Determine that the hotel brand is suitable for the land and the location.
- Create concept plan for the hotel to determine gross Gross Floor Area and the facilities required by the market, the hotel brand and the local council.
- Determine an approximate hotel construction cost with a construction time line and an estimated total development cost.
- Undertake a hotel assessment which includes:
- Competitive set analysis
- Average daily rates
- Estimated 5 year financial forecast.
- Funding Assessment including equity and senior debt, LVR’s.
- Secure an option on the land for a fixed period through an MOU.
- Identify Equity Investor.
- Identify Senior Debt interest in project. (indicative term sheet)
- Formalise Hotel Development Group facilitator agreement.
- Undertake a detailed independent feasibility by MacroPlan Dimasi.
- Undertake a valuation on completion by a qualified tier one valuer.
- Firm financial offer with condition precedents to be supplied on senior debt and agreed to and concluded by the equity investor.
- Appoint a construction company to undertake firm costings on a design and construct contract to build the proposed Hilton Garden Inn.
- Appoint Consultants to commence plans necessary to obtain development approval and building license and to work on the project until completed.
- Sign Fixed cost design and construct contract with building company.
- Sign Hilton Garden Inn franchise agreement.
- Sign a Management agreement with a certified Hilton Management Company.
Hotel Development Group will then undertake the following pre-opening activities whilst the hotel is under construction;
- Develop a five-year business plan with expected occupancies, daily rates, food and beverage projections, and overall profitability. This document will address cash flows, seasonality, pre-opening expenses and all other matters that will give the owner an informed view of how the hotel will operate in the existing market.
- Share and project this vision to the local business and residential community.
- Overview, advise and assist on obtaining all the required licenses and permits including the liquor license.(Independent Legal costs will be involved in this step.)
- Procurement of the Rooms and Public Areas FF&E and kitchen equipment as specified by Hilton.
- Assist with restaurant and bar layout including advice on electrical, lighting, plumbing, acoustics and audio visual requirements.
- Handle all preopening matters prior to the hotel opening including recruitment of a Hilton certified GM and department heads, arrangement of staff training with Hilton.
- Commence pre-opening marketing, sales and social media campaigns in order to successfully launch the hotel into the market.
- Communicate the brand strategy of Hilton Garden Inn to the market.
- Establishing online distribution channels and eMarketing initiatives.
- Integrating the hotel sales and marketing strategy into Hilton’s worldwide sales and marketing network including the Hilton web site and their rewards programme Hilton H Honors.
- Establishing relationships with group business generators, meeting planners, wholesalers, incentive travel companies, corporate and leisure travel departments, and franchise-sponsored marketing programs
- Launch pre-opening marketing campaigns via social media, public relations, promotions and other sales and marketing collateral.
- Oversee the implementation of all standard operating procedures outlined by Hilton for all departments of the hotel including Front Office, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Engineering, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing.
- Ensure effective implementation of OH & S training and procedures are implementation.
- Overseeing the procurement of hardware and software necessary for the hotel and its integration into the Hilton systems.
- Development and implementation of Food and Beverage strategies including restaurant capacities, menu’s collateral requirements, logo design.
- Establish Vendor Supply Chain.
- Co-ordination of pre-opening and post opening print collateral as it relates to operational, health and safety, sales and marketing.
- Overseeing the procurement of Hotel Operating Supplies and consumables.
- Transition the hotel from its pre-opening phase to its post opening stage through the successful handover to the appointed management company.
Upon opening HDG becomes the owners representative ensuring the hotel is running effectively from an operational viewpoint and is on budget and is in line with industry standards.
Our staff are industry professionals with broad experience in site selection, feasibility studies, development, management, marketing, food and beverage and all other aspects of hotel management.